Wednesday 17 January 2018
Opportunity: Company Assistant
Mahogany Opera Group is seeking a part time Company Assistant who is looking to forge a career in arts management, and would like a hands-on learning experience in the areas of producing, arts marketing, development and learning & participation.
Mahogany Opera Group is a leading UK opera and music theatre company specialising in new and contemporary work. Mahogany relaunched in 2014, combining two companies under the artistic direction of Frederic Wake-Walker (The Opera Group and Mahogany Opera).
Mahogany’s mission is to stretch the boundaries of what opera can be and who it is for. Our vision is for opera and music theatre to be a thriving, connected and relevant part of the contemporary cultural ecology. We make new work in new ways, tour to different spaces and places, involve audiences and participants in the various stages of our work. We occupy a unique place in the sector, being the only company of this size to tour new work and participatory projects across the UK and internationally.
Communications and marketing
- Assist the General Manager and Producer (Projects) in the delivery of marketing and communications campaign and activities
- Social media and website management
- Devising creative content across a variety of media – including copywriting, image editing
- Data gathering and analysis
- Assist the General Manager and Producer (Projects) in the planning and delivery of Mahogany’s current projects
- Assist with scheduling and logistics for projects
- Attend some UK tour performances and workshops
- Contribute to the running of a small, busy arts organisation in the areas of administration, fundraising and finance
HOw to appLY
Further details about the role are available in the Application Pack, which is downloadable below. In order to apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the post including specific examples of how you meet the person specification
- Current CV
- Company Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (submitted online)
Deadline: Application received by 5pm, Monday 15 January 2018
Interviews: Thursday 18 January 2018
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
[please use ‘Company Assistant’ as the subject line]
Further information: email email@example.com with any questions or to arrange an informal conversation with Ally Rosser (General Manager).
We are recruiting for a new Company Assistant to join our team.